Ph.D., The Pennsylvania State University, 1995
Major: Physiology of Exercise
Ph.D. Dissertation: The Effects of Exercise-Related Peptide F Elevation on Human B-Cell Activation
M.S., Appalachian State University, 1989
Major: Exercise Science
B.S., Wake Forest University, 1987
Major: Health & Sport Science
Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Strength and Conditioning
Neuromuscular and Endocrine Exercise Physiology
Aging and Physical Activity
Current Courses Being Taught
Exercise Physiology II: Neuromuscular and Endocrine Physiology (Graduate level)
Theoretical and Practical Aspects of Strength and Conditioning (Graduate and Undergraduate level)
Survey of Sport Performance (Graduate and Undergraduate level)
Professional Affiliations / Organizations
American College of Sports Medicine
American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
Certified Phlebotomist; General Venipuncture/Catheterization
National Strength and Conditioning Association
Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with Distinction
Southeastern Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine
Certified Club Coach
Resistance Training in Elderly:
Strength and Power Development
Balance and Functional Ability Improvements
Bone and Muscle Tissue Adaptations
Resistance Training in Children:
Responses of Overweight Pre-Pubescents and Adolescents
1. Colado, J.C., Garcia-Masso, X., Gonzalez, L.M., Triplett, N.T., Mayo, C., and Merce, J. Two-leg squat jumps in water. International Journal of Sports Medicine, in Press, 2010.
2. Caldwell, K., Harrison, M., Adams, M., and Triplett, N.T. Effect of Pilates and taiji quan training on self-efficacy, sleep quality, mood, and physical performance of college students. Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapy 13(2), 155-163, 2009.
3. Colado, J.C., Tella, V., Triplett, N.T. and Gonzales, L.M. Effects of a short-term aquatic resistance program on strength and body composition in fit young men. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 23(2), 549-559, 2009.
4. Colado, J.C. and Triplett, N.T. Monitoring the intensity of aquatic resistance exercise with devices that increase the drag force: An update. Strength and Conditioning Journal 31(3), 94-100, 2009.
5. Colado, J.C., Triplett, N.T., Tella, V., Saucedo, P., and Abellan, J. Effects of aquatic resistance training on health and fitness in postmenopausal women. European Journal of Applied Physiology 106(1), 113-122, 2009.
6. Dumke, C.L., Davis, J.M., Murphy, E.A., Nieman, D.C., Carmichael, M.D., Quindry, J.C., Triplett, N.T., Utter, A.C., Gross Gowin, S.J., Henson, D.A., McAnulty, S.R., and McAnulty, L.S. Successive bouts of cycling stimulates genes associated with mitochondrial biogenesis. European Journal of Applied Physiology 107(4), 419-427, 2009.
7. McBride, J.M., Blow, D., Kirby, T.J., Dayne, A.M., and Triplett, N.T. Relationship between maximal squat strength and five, ten, and forty yard sprint times. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 23(6), 1633-1636, 2009.
8. McBride, J.M., McCaulley, G.O., Cormie, P., Nuzzo, J.L., Cavill, M.J., and Triplett, N.T. Comparison of methods to quantify volume during resistance exercise. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research 23(1), 106-110, 2009.
9. McBride, J.M., Nuzzo, J.L., Dayne, A.M., Israetel, M.A., Nieman, D.C., and Triplett, N.T. Effect of an acute bout of whole body vibration exercise on muscle force output and motor neuron excitability. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, epub ahead of print.
10. McCaulley, G.O., McBride, J.M., Cormie, P., Hudson, M.B., Nuzzo, J.L., Quindry, J.C., and Triplett, N.T. Acute hormonal and neuromuscular responses to hypertrophy, strength and power type resistance exercise. European Journal of Applied Physiology 105(5), 695-704, 2009.
11. Naclerio, F.J., Colado, J.C., Rhea, M.R., Bunker, D., and Triplett, N.T. Influence of strength and power on the 40s muscle endurance test performance. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 23(5), 1482-1488, 2009.
12. Nuzzo, J.L., Cavill, M.J., McCaulley, G.O., Triplett, N.T., and McBride, J.M. A descriptive study of lower-body strength and power in overweight adolescents. Pediatric Exercise Science 21(1), 34-46, 2009.
13. Triplett, N.T., Colado, J.C., Benavent, J., Alakhdar, Y., Madera, J., Gonzalez, L.M., and Tella, V. Concentric and impact forces of single-leg jumps in an aquatic environment vs. on land. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 41(9), 1790-1796, 2009.
George Holmes CC
Appalachian State University
PO Box 32071
Boone, NC 28608
Interim Chair: Dr. Travis Triplett
Janet Moretz, Admin Sec: 3149
Brandy Cornett, Off Asst: 3139
Magdalena Anoufriev: 3141
Joshua Reese: 3048